On behalf of everyone at Faith Independent Baptist Church, thank you for taking time to visit our website. We are a conservative, KJV Bible-based church with traditional-style music, seeking to share the love of Christ wherever there is an opportunity to do so. At FIBC you will learn what God wants for you & your family and how to apply His truths to your life each and every day.
We promote and defend traditional Bible doctrine and values, believing that the Bible is
our guidebook for life. While standing against the corrupt values of an ungodly society
and the rampant compromise with worldliness within certain segments of professing
Christianity, we positively promote the virtues of Biblical living and are excited about
serving the God of the Bible! We believe it is important to have a right attitude while seeking to maintain a right position.
We hold to the superiority and reliability of the Masoretic Text (OT) and the
Traditional/Received Text/Textus Receptus (NT) from which the King James Version of
the Bible (in English) is translated. Thus, the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible is what we use and promote in our English-speaking services.
Believing that music originated by God and is to be consistent with His holy nature, we
use and promote music (both new and old) that is God-honoring in style and words. We
believe that Christian music should be distinctly different from the ungodly world’s
music. Thus, we avoid music and presentation styles that have a worldly and/or sensual
sound or association. We enthusiastically encourage congregational singing of hymns
and gospel songs, as well as having a variety of groups or individuals provide traditional-style special music in our services that honor God.
Sunday at 9:45 a.m. - Children, Teen, & Adult Bible Classes
Sunday at 10:45 a.m. - Morning Service
Sunday at 6:00 p.m. - Evening Service
Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. - Faith Kidz, Teen, & Adult Service
A small group of believers met in the home of Pastor and Mary McIntyre on Wednesday, August 15, 2001, and voted to start (what would eventually be named) Faith Independent Baptist Church. The group asked Myron McIntyre to be the pastor of this newly formed church. Pastor McIntyre, after praying and laying out a vision for ministering to families in all parts of Henry County, accepted the position the following Sunday evening and FIBC began an existence that has been nothing short of God-blessed and miraculous.
It was soon evident that God's blessing in the way of numerical grow was necessitating a move out of the McIntyre's house to rented facilities. God provided two suites, along with the use of an automotive repair shop waiting room, in McDonough, GA, at the Trax Side Plaza. Much growing faith occurred during these days in the "storefront." FIBC met at the Trax Side Plaza from September 23, 2001, to the first part of 2005. In July of 2003, the Lord brought FIBC in contact with a McDonough church that was selling its property and building at a new location. Through a series of miraculous events, the Lord
confirmed that this was to be the new location for FIBC. After waiting over a year for the other church to complete its building, the Lord allowed FIBC to take possession of the current property at 1099 Highway 81 West on February 23, 2005.
From the first service on February 27, 2005, to the present day, God has been blessing in unusual, exciting, and miraculous ways. While a variety of age groups are represented at FIBC, it has been exciting to see the Lord provide younger couples and families to strengthen the ministry. The Adult Ministries of FIBC are helping to challenge our people to greater spiritual maturity. Our dynamic Children's and Teen Ministries are also growing spiritually and numerically. The desire of FIBC is to love and serve the people of our region, to introduce them to Jesus Christ, and to provide a spiritual
atmosphere where hearts can be touched and lives changed through the power of God's Word, the Bible. As the ministry of our church continues to grow and mature, we will endeavor to keep our focus on Christ and His mission to us: soul winning and building up people in the faith. FIBC is honored to serve families from all over Henry County and beyond. We would consider it a privilege to help meet your spiritual needs!
We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally (every word) and plenarily (completely) inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant, infallible and God-breathed, and therefore are the final authority for faith and life. The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments are the complete and divine revelation of God to man (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21). [Note: For reasons of textual reliability, we promote and use the King James Version of the Bible in our English-speaking services.]
We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe God the Father is perfect in holiness, boundless in love, infinite in wisdom, and measureless in power. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayers; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ, His Son. We believe He is worthy of all our honor, confidence, and love. (Based on Deuteronomy 6:4; Exodus 20:2-3; I Corinthians 8:6; II Corinthians 13:14; I John 5:7; Revelation 4:11.)
1. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man. (Based on John 1:12,14; Luke 1:35.)
2. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished redemption through His death on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead. (Based on Romans 3:24-25; I Peter 2:24; Ephesians 1:7; I Peter 1:3-5.)
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate. (Based on Acts 1:9-10; Hebrews 9:24; 7:25; Romans 8:34; I John 2:1-2.)
4. We believe that the promise of His second coming includes the personal, premillennial, and pretribulational return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to rapture His church according to I Thessalonians 4:13-18, and His return with His saints to set up His millennial reign.
1. We believe the Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Trinity, and He is equal with God the Father and God the Son. The Holy Spirit convicts men of sin, regenerates, indwells, baptizes, and sets believers apart to a holy life, and seals them unto the day of redemption. (Based on John 16:8-11; I Corinthians 3:6; I Corinthians 12:12-14; Romans 8:9; Ephesians 1:13-14.)
2. We believe the Holy Spirit is the Divine Teacher Who guides believers into all truth, and is now restraining the evil one in an unbelieving world until God’s purpose is fulfilled. (Based on John 16:13; 14:16-17.)
We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam’s sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God, and that man is totally depraved, and of himself utterly unable to remedy his lost condition. (Based on Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 3:22-23; 5:12; Ephesians 2:1-3, 12.)
We believe in the personality of Satan and that he is the unholy god of this age, and the author of all the powers of darkness, and is destined to the judgment of an eternal justice in the lake of fire. (Based on Matthew 4:1-3; II Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 20:10.)
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who by faith receive Him as their Savior are justified on the grounds of His shed blood on Calvary and His resurrection from the dead and are born again of the Holy Spirit, thereby becoming the children of God. We believe that those God saves by His grace, He keeps by His power. (Based on I Corinthians 15:3-4; Ephesians 2:8-9; II Timothy 1:12; I Peter 1:3-5.) [Note: We are neither Calvinist nor Arminian.]
1. We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and are thus secure in Christ forever. (Based on John 6:37-40; 10:27-30; Romans 8:1, 38-39; I Corinthians 1:4-8; I Peter 1:4-5.)
2. We believe that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God’s Word, which, however, clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to the flesh. (Based on Romans 13:13-14; Galatians 5:13; Titus 2:11-15.).
We believe that the church exists in two aspects:
1. An Organism
We believe that the church as an organism is the body and bride of Christ, composed of all the redeemed. We believe that Christ gave Himself for the church, and that He is its only true head. (Based on I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 1:20-23; 3:3-11; Colossians 1:18.)
2. An Organization
We believe that the establishment and continuation of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament. We believe that the church as an organization is an assembly of baptized believers, voluntarily associated by covenant in the faith for fellowship, worship, and service; and that its mission is to spread the Gospel to all men and to earnestly contend for the faith. We believe that its officers are pastors and deacons whose qualifications and duties are clearly defined in the Scriptures. We hold that the local church has the absolute right of self-government free from the interference of any hierarchy of individuals or organizations; and that its only superintendent is Christ through the Holy Spirit; that it is Scriptural for true churches to cooperate with each other in contending for the faith and for the furtherance of the Gospel; and that each local church is the sole judge of the measure and methods of its cooperation. On all matters of membership, policy, government, discipline, and benevolence, the will of the local church is final. (Based on Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 14:27; I Corinthians 16:19; II Corinthians 1:1; Galatians 1:2; I Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11.)
1. We believe that Christ instituted the ordinances of water baptism and the Lord’s Supper as a testimony to be observed until He comes again. (Based on Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 10:47; 19:5; I Corinthians 11:23-26.)
2. Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior, the believer’s death to sin, the burial of the old life, and resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. As a Scriptural ordinance of obedience for the church in this age, it is prerequisite to the privilege of church membership and to the Lord’s Supper.
3. The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of our Redeemer and anticipate His coming again.
We believe that we are mandated by God in the Scriptures to separate ourselves unto Christ and, as much as possible, from any participation in or endorsement of sin; from ecclesiastical organizations and religious personalities that deny the faith or compromise its message; from brethren that walk disorderly or who unrepentantly continue in sin or engage in the compromise aforementioned. We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord. God commands His people to separate from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices, and associations, and to refrain from all immodest and immoderate appearances. Each member shall seek to live a holy life, separating himself from and forsaking all that might weaken his personal testimony, dishonor God, or cast discredit on God’s cause. (Based on Romans 12:1-2; 14:13; II Corinthians 6:14-7:1; Ephesians 2:8-10; II Timothy 3:1-5; II Thessalonians 3:11-12; I Peter 1:15-16; I John 2:15-17; II John 9-11; I Corinthians 6:19-20.)
We believe in the personal, imminent, pretribulational, and premillennial coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for His redeemed ones; and in His subsequent return to earth, with His saints, to establish His millennial reign for 1,000 years on earth. (Based on Matthew 24:29-31; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; I Thessalonians 1:10; Zechariah 14:4-11; Revelation 3:10; 19:11-16; 20:1-6.)
1. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men – the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment. (Based on Matthew 25:46; John 5:28-29; 11:25-26; Revelation 20:5-6, 12-13.)
2. We believe that the souls of the redeemed are, at death, absent from the body and present with the Lord, where in conscious bliss they await the resurrection, when spirit, soul, and body are reunited to be glorified forever with the Lord. (Based on Luke 23:43; Revelation 20:4-6; II Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23; 3:21; I Thessalonians 4:16-17.)
We believe that God created the universe in six literal 24-hour periods. We reject evolution, the Gap Theory, the Day-Age Theory, and Theistic Evolution as unscriptural theories of origin. (Genesis 1-2; Exodus 20:11)
1. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance. (Based on Genesis 2:24; 19:5,13; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 5:1; 6:9; I Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4.)
2. We believe that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman. (Based on Genesis 2:24; Romans 7:2; I Corinthians 7:10; Ephesians 5:22-23.)
3. We believe that homosexual acts (whether engaged in by male or female) are sinful, unnatural, and perversion. These acts emanate from man’s sinful and unregenerate nature. Therefore, we take our stand, based on the infallible Word of God, against any and all forms of sexual perversion. If any person who is in any way connected with the ministry of this church is guilty of advocating or practicing homosexuality, that person shall be disciplined and dismissed from service in the ministry of the church. (Based on Genesis 19:1-11; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Judges 19:22-25; Romans 1:26-28; I Corinthians 6:9; I Timothy 1:9-10.)
1. We believe that men and women are spiritually equal in position before God, but that God has ordained distinct and separate spiritual functions for men and women in the home and the church. The husband is to be the leader of the home, and men are to be the leaders (pastors and deacons) of the church. Accordingly, only men are eligible for licensure and ordination by the church. (Galatians 3:28; Colossians 3:18; I Timothy 2:8-15; 3:4-5, 12.)
2. We believe that God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. The husband is to love his wife as Christ loves the church. The wife is to submit herself to the Scriptural leadership of her husband as the church submits to the headship of Christ. Children are an heritage from the Lord. Parents are responsible for teaching their children spiritual and moral values and leading them through consistent lifestyle example and appropriate discipline, including Scriptural corporal correction. (Based on Genesis 1:26-28; Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Psalm 127:3-5; Proverbs 19:18; 22:15; 23:13-14; Mark 10:6-12; I Corinthians 7:1-16; Ephesians 5:21-33; 6:1-4; Colossians 3:18-21; Hebrews 13:4; I Peter 3:1-7.)
We stand irrevocably opposed to the present day “Tongues Movement,” believing it not to be of God. We will not permit its teaching, either directly or by inference, in the church, Sunday school, or any other meeting sponsored by this church. (Based on Acts 2:7-11; I Corinthians 13:8-10.)
We believe that God has given the church a great commission to proclaim the Gospel to all nations so that there might be a great multitude from every nation, tribe, ethnic group, and language group who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. As ambassadors of Christ, we must use all available means to go to the foreign nations and not wait for them to come to us. (Based on Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46-48; John 20:21; Acts 1:8; II Corinthians 5:20.)
We believe that every Christian, as a steward of that portion of God’s wealth entrusted to him, is obligated to support his local church financially. We believe that God has established the tithe as a basis for giving, but that every Christian should also give other offerings sacrificially and cheerfully to the support of the church, the relief of those in need, and the spread of the Gospel. (Based on Gen. 14:20; Proverbs 3:9-10; I Corinthians 16:2; II Corinthians 9:6-7; Galatians 6:6; Ephesians 4:28; I Timothy 5:17-18; I John 3:17.)
You can watch our services LIVE, right here! Watch Sunday at 10:45 am & 6:00 pm, and Wednesday at 7:00 pm. If the player below fails to load during our service times, please click HERE to view via alternative location. Thank you!
Faith Independent Baptist Church enthusiastically participates in world-wide Missions. FIBC’s support comes in many forms: prayer, financial, missionary housing, and
special projects. The spread of the Gospel (and discipleship), both locally and world-wide, is the heartbeat of FIBC. As such, we support missionaries both here in the
USA and around the world. Our missionaries are affiliated with mission boards such as Baptist International Missions, Inc. (BIMI); World Wide New Testament Baptist Missions; and other like-minded boards, churches, and organizations. FIBC views each supported missionary as a partner in helping us fulfill the Great Commission
By "independent", we mean that FIBC is totally self-governing and subject to the control of no other church organization. As such, we are independent of any human hierarchy and pledge total allegiance to our Lord Jesus Christ. (We are not affiliated with any convention including The Southern Baptist Convention.)
FIBC promotes the King James version of the bible. No other version or translation is to be used in preaching or teaching.
FIBC uses traditional music, new and old, that glorifies God through its words and musical style. FIBC avoids music that is worldly in message, style, or association.
The standards that FIBC promotes are based on biblical principles and commands. Our desire is to follow God's standard of holiness (I Peter 1: 14-16), not the world's standard of carnality. While we recognize that outward conformity to an external standard does not guarantee heart conformity to God's standard of holiness, we at FIBC are trying to do everything we can to encourage holy living in all areas of life. Wheter the issue is dress, music, or any other particular issue, we want to be obedient to God's Word.
FIBC services are characterized by the following styles of worship: enthusiastic, evangelistic, Spirit-filled, Traditional, non-charismatic. Our music and preaching seek to honor God. We show great enthusiasm for our Almighty God and Heavenly Father, but do not engage in distracting shows of emotionalism that put the focus on select individuals. Instead, the goal of FIBC services is to draw the heart, mind, and emotions toward God and Bible truth.
Yes, and thank you for looking at our website to gain further information regarding FIBC. I assume that you, as I, have a great interest in the education of your children and take seriously the parental responsibility to our children to “bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.” I am greatly concerned about the dangers and detrimental affects inherent in secular education. It is no secret that secular education is undermining the Christian family and the authority of the Bible through the humanistic and anti-Biblical philosophies and ideas being taught—both in the classroom & curriculum and in the permissive behaviors allowed and promoted.
For this and many other reasons, I am a great promoter and encourager of a Christian education—whether it be hands-on teaching done through homeschooling or by delegating the actual academic teaching to a truly Christian “Christian school". I understand that each parent has to make his own educational choices (before the Lord) regarding their children. While I love and appreciate each of our parents and children regardless of the educational choices they make, I do seek to highlight the problems inherent in secular education and promote a consideration of Christian alternatives.
I write all this to let you know that FIBC is a friend and encourager to “local church-minded” homeschool families. While I recognize that some homeschool families have adopted extreme (even sometimes unbiblical) philosophies, I believe that most Christian homeschool families are earnestly trying to live by the Bible and rear their children in Christian truth, sound academics, and a proper environment. If the last statement (about most homeschool families) describes you, you will find FIBC to be a place that welcomes you and seeks to help you reach your goals of rearing your children in the ways of the Lord. How do I know that FIBC will be friendly to you? Because my wife and I are currently homeschoolers!
To clarify, FIBC does not support the Family Integrated Church model, believing it to be based on a flawed understanding of Biblical ecclesiology (i.e., doctrine of the church). We support and provide age-appropriate classes and opportunities that help build strong families and promote our goal of "Growing Godly Generations".
As the Lord continues to bring more and more homeschoolers into the church, we desire to implement ways to provide increased support for homeschool families. We would love the opportunity to be a blessing to you. Please contact us if you have any further questions.
For the cause of godly children,
YES. 1 John 5:13 says: “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
NO. God wants EVERYONE to go to Heaven. ANYONE can be saved and go to Heaven when they die. The Bible says in 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” It also states in John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
The Bible, God’s Word, says that we are all born sinners – i.e., we all violate God’s Law. As sinners, we will someday face the consequence of our sin – eternal separation from a holy God in a place called Hell/The Lake of Fire. God loves us, however, and has made a way so that we can: 1) be delivered (i.e., saved) from the penalty of our sin(s); 2) become a part of God’s family; and 3) someday go to Heaven. The Bible says in Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” ; Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”; Romans 5:8 “But God commendeth [demonstrated] his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”; Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
To understand God’s simple plan of salvation for you and become a saved child of God, please click on and read the following link: http://www.godssimpleplan.org/gsps-english.html
NO. The Bible says in John 10:28-29 “And I [Christ] give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." When a person becomes a child of God (i.e., is saved), the parent- child relationship with God is established. God the Heavenly Father never disowns His children. When a person disobeys, however, the fellowship with God is broken. Like a human parent and child, disobedience on the part of the child fractures the fellowship between parent and child – but the parent-child relationship remains. The child must apologize and seek forgiveness for the fellowship to be restored. In the same way, when a child of God sins, he must seek God’s forgiveness for the fellowship to be restored. The child of God can lose fellowship with God but can never lose salvation. The Bible says in 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
Some erroneously believe that “eternal security” promotes a mindset of “liberty to sin." In fact, a child of God should no longer want to live in sin. He will sin along the way as a result of human frailty, but God will not allow His child to enjoy sin long- term. In fact, God will “child discipline” a true Christian to bring him back to a right way of thinking and a restored fellowship. Hebrews 12:6 “For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.”
NO. Salvation is just the beginning of a new life for you. The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” God wants you to find and become a part of a Bible-preaching church, like Faith Independent Baptist Church where you can grow in Christ and serve God. As God’s Word says in 1 Peter 2:2 “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:”